A week has passed and we’re still buried under a mountain of amazing veggie goods. Here’s what we thought of VegfestUK London 2014. This was our first visit to a Vegfest event and from the fun we had it will definitely not be our last, 200 stalls filled Olympia West, each providing fantastic vegan products… food, health, cosmetics, clothing, charitable causes and so much more food! Everything on offer was vegan friendly, and the opportunity to sample the products, as well as personally meeting the people behind the products was a great experience and gave new appreciation for the people doing things for the love of their cause. It was a great chance to not only check out the products by the companies we knew and loved, but an amazing platform to try the new and unfamiliar.
1. Nakd Bars A familiar favourite, we knew we’d be presented with something great. Keep an eye out for new Christmas Pudding and Bakewell Tart flavours, they were flying out of the stall!
2. Nothing But A brand new range of freeze-dried fruit and vegetable snacks, so light and flavourful, and with each pack consisting of one of your 5 a day, we’re sure these guys will go from strength to strength.
3. TheVeganKind It was so cool to meet the people behind TheVeganKind monthly subscription boxes, ahead of the launch of their new quarterly beauty box too! If you’re not already subscribed, look them up!
4. Rebel Kitchen Mylk with attitude. This was our first time trying the Matcha Green Tea and Chai Mylk and we were suitably impressed! Delicious!
5. Vego Bars These hazelnut chocolate bars are incredible. If you’re yet to try one, then just do it. Imagine solid Nutella and you’re getting close to the raging awesomeness of these things.
6. Hoots Snacks The baked multigrain snack in a tasty range of flavours will be sure to making an appearance in many a lunchbox. We were hard pressed to find a single person without at least a couple of packets of these peering from their bags.
7. Vegusto With an unrelenting queue for their hotdog stand, and an insurmountable hive of activity around their cheese selection, you know these people are doing something right.
8. Goody Good Stuff This stall was incredibly popular and with the products on offer it was easy to see why. The people behind this stall were so friendly and we took great delight in handing over our cash in return for a mountain of gummy sweets.
9. Pudology Having spotted these recently taking resident on supermarket shelves, we were excited to see (and taste!) the products in the range we had yet to discover.
10. Big Fat Vegan Bakery An incredible selection of the biggest, fattest, most amazing looking pastries we’ve ever laid our eyes on. The guilt and satisfaction of demolishing one of their apple strudels was something I can’t wait to repeat.