Sorry everyone, summer’s over. But wait, remember those jumpers and jackets you were so fond of? Remember those Weakerthans records sat next to your Wavves LP? Movie nights instead of beach trips? Autumn is kinda great and here we strive to make sure you make the best of it with some great eats.
Stuff you need:
- 1 can of tinned pumpkin
- 100g light brown sugar
- 75g pecans, chopped (approx.)
- 75g vegan margarine, melted
- 50g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 sheets filo pastry
Prep time, 20 mins
Cook time, 40 mins
Stuff you gotta do:
- First, empty the pumpkin into a bowl. Add 75g of the sugar, all of the almonds, cinnamon and lemon juice and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/160C/140C fan.
- Layer the pastry sheets on top of each other, brushing the melted margarine and scattering chopped pecans and sugar between each sheet.
- Evenly spoon the Pumpkin mix along one long edge of the pastry, leaving an inch gap at either end. Turn in the ends and then carefully roll the strudel (the pastry will be super delicate, so be careful!)
- Place on a baking tray, sealed side down. Brush any leftover margarine, and sprinkle with the remaining sugar and pecans. Bake for 40 mins until crisp and golden.
- Leave to stand for a few moments before slicing. Serve with your favourite non-dairy custard or cream, or drizzle with maple syrup. Enjoy!