London Covent Garden’s branch of Carluccio’s is set to host a 4-week veggie pop-up from Monday 23rd October. The entire first floor of the restaurant will be transformed into a meatless space only, with over 20 vegan and vegetarian dishes to choose from, in collaboration with meat-free Mondays advocate & blogger Anna Barnett.
Here are just a few items you can expect on the pop-up menu:
- Crostini al funghi, sautéed mushrooms & kale in garlic and chilli on toasted ciabatta
- Orecchiette al cavoflore with cauliflower purée, sautéed kale, chilli and roasted turmeric cauliflower florets
- Polpette di pane featuring bread balls of semi-dried tomatoes, garlic, capers and rustica olives in a tomato sauce on spaghetti
- Zucca con verdure arrostite – roasted butternut squash, vegetables with pine nuts and garlic herb breadcrumbs
- Pasta e fagioli – a soup of pasta, borlotti beans and tomatoes
Plus all of the vegetarian dishes on the menu can be made vegan!
The CEO of Carluccio’s, Neil Wickers, has said “We have seen a huge demand for more vegetarian and vegan dishes, many from our millennial diners who are giving up or reducing their meat intake, either for environmental and/or health reasons”. He goes on to explain that this new pop-up dining experience will only highlight the variety of meat-free dishes currently offered at the restaurants all across the country.
The meat-free takeover will be held on 4 consecutive Mondays at the Covent Garden branch starting from 23rd October. We imagine this will be a pretty popular event, so you can guarantee your space by booking online from today or by phoning 020 7836 0990 quoting ‘Cucina Verde’.